PM2.5 Air Quality Sensor and Breadboard Adapter Kit - PMS5003
Now available from PMD Way is the PM2.5 Air Quality Sensor and Breadboard Adapter Kit - PMS5003 - a simple and accurate method of measuring and tracking the air quality around you.
The PMS5003 uses laser scattering to radiate suspending particles in the air, then collects scattering light to obtain the curve of scattering light change with time. Then the internal microprocessor calculates equivalent particle diameter and the number of particles with different diameter per unit volume.
You can use the PMS5003 with any development system that has a UART serial data input (or use a USB to serial cable for a direct sensor to PC data feed)
The sensor outputs the following:
- PM1.0, PM2.5 and PM10.0 concentration in both standard & enviromental units
- Particulate matter per 0.1L air, categorized into 0.3um, 0.5um, 1.0um, 2.5um, 5.0um and 10um size bins
As well as checksum, in binary format (its fairly easy to parse the binary format, but it doesn't come out as pure readable ASCII text).
When you purchase the PMS5003 from PMD Way, not only do you receive the sensor - but we also include the JST connection cable AND the JST to DIP 2.54mm standard spacing adaptor board, making connections a breeze:
- Range of measurement: 0.3~1.0, 1.0~2.5, 2.5~10 μm
- Effective Range: 0~500 μ g/m³
- Maximum Range: * ≥1000 μ g/m³
- Resolution: 1 μ g/m³
- Standard Volume: 0.1L
- DC Power Supply: 4.5~5.5V DC
- Active Current: ≤100 mA
- Standby Current: ≤200 μ A
- Working Temperature Range: -10~60 degrees C
- Working Humidity Range: 0~99%
- Storage Temperature Range: -40~80 degrees C
- Sensor Module Dimensions: 50 x 38 x 21mm
- Weight (including JST cable and adapter): 42g