Two Channel Isolated RS232 HAT for Raspberry Pi
Now available from PMD Way is this useful two channel isolated RS232 interface HAT for Raspberry Pi. It can be used with any Pi that has a 40-way GPIO header.
This is a 2-channel isolated RS232 expansion HAT designed for Raspberry Pi, adopts the SC16IS752+SP3232 solution, with embedded protection circuits such as power supply isolation, ADI magnetical isolation, and TVS diode, etc.
It is easy to control the 2-channel RS232 via SPI interface. Due to its fast communication, stability, reliability, and safety, it is an ideal choice for fields like industrial automation.
HAT includes mounting bolts and 40-way stackable header that requires soldering.
Free delivery worldwide.
- Standard Raspberry Pi 40PIN GPIO extension header, supports Raspberry Pi series boards
- Adopts SC16IS752+SP3232 dual chip combination, converts SPI to RS232, data rate up to 921600bps
- Onboard TVS (Transient Voltage Suppressor), effectively suppress surge voltage and transient spike voltage in the circuit, lightning-proof & anti-electrostatic
- Onboard LEDs for indicating the power and transceiver status
- Breakout SPI control pins, for connecting with host control boards like Arduino
- Comes with development resources and manual (examples in C and Python)
- UART expansion chip: SC16IS752
- RS232 transceiver: SP3232
- Communication interface: SPI
- Data rate: 300 ~ 921600 bps
- Operating voltage: 3.3V/5V
- Dimensions: 65mm × 56.5mm
- Mounting hole size: 3.0mm
1. SC16IS752 UART expansion chip
2. SP3232 RS232 transceiver
3. ADUM1412 digital isolator
4. B0505LS power supply isolation module
5. RT9193-33 power chip
6. Raspberry Pi GPIO connector: for connecting Raspberry Pi
7. MCU control header: for connecting host control boards like Arduino
8. RS232 connector: 2 channels RS232 interface (RS232 9PIN male)
9. Transient suppress diode array
10. ESD protection two-way diode
11. Serial port status indicator
RXD1/TXD1: channel 1 transceiving indicator
RXD2/TXD2: channel 2 transceiving indicator
12. Power indicator
13. Interrupt pin switch
The interrupt pin IRQ is connected to P5 (BCM P24) by default
Changeable via 0R resistor