SIM900 GPRS GSM Cellular Shield for Arduino
Give your Arduino the power to communicate over the cellular network with a SIM900 GPRS/GSM Cellular Shield for Arduino from PMD Way.
This shield uses the popular SIMCOM SIM900 module - which allows for communication via telephone call, SMS text message and GPRS packet data using a 2G GSM network (not 3G, not LTE, not 4G).
Please note that this is a 2G GSM device. Check that your network operator still supports 2G before ordering.
The shield is fully assembled - including earphone and headset sockets for voice use, stacking headers to drop into your Arduino or compatible board - and a DC jack for external power.
Please note - You need to use external power supply that offers 5V 2A DC. Click here for versions for your area.
You can control your shield via AT commands or various SIM900 libraries for Arduino.
- Quad-Band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
- Class 4 (2 W @850/ 900 MHz)
- Class 1 (1 W @ 1800/1900MHz)
- SAIC (Single Antenna Interference Cancellation) support
- Dimensions: 24 x 24 x 3 mm
- Weight: 3.4g
- Control via AT commands (GSM 07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- SIM application toolkit
- Supply voltage range : 3.2 ... 4.8V
- Low power consumption: 1.0mA (sleep mode&BS-PA-MFRMS=9)
- Operation temperature: -40°C to +85 °C