CAN-BUS MCP2515 Shield Kit for Arduino
Interface your vehicle with Arduino using the CAN-BUS MCP2515 Shield Kit for Arduino from PMD Way. This is a kit - you will need to solder the stacking header pins to the PCB yourself.
CAN-BUS is a common industrial bus, used in vehicles due to its long travel distance, medium communication speed and high reliability. It is widely used as the automotive diagnostic bus, and also commonly used on modern machine tools.
This CAN-Bus shield gives the Arduino CAN-Bus capability, It uses the Microchip MCP2515 CAN controller with MCP2551 CAN transceiver, the CAN connection is via a standard 9-way sub-D for use with OBD-II cable, ideal for automotive CAN application.
Click here for our range of matching cables!
- Arduino Uno, Mega and Leonardo compatible
- Implements CAN V2.0B at up to 1 Mb/s
- SPI Interface up to 10 MHz
- Standard (11 bit) and extended (29 bit) data and remote frames
- Two receive buffers with prioritized message storage
- Industrial standard 9 pin sub-D connector
- Two LED indicators
Click here to visit the Getting Started guide and Arduino tutorial.