MCP4725 I2C 12-Bit DAC Breakout Board
If you need more than a PWM output from your microcontroller then consider this compact MCP4725 I2C 12-Bit DAC Breakout Board from PMD Way.
You can use this with any development board that contains an I2C data bus, and you can push it up ~200 kHz if your board supports 3.4Mbps Fast Mode I2C.
The MCP4725 also contains an onboard EEPROM which can remember the output value after a power-cycle or outage.
The board arrives fully assembled and includes inline header pins which require soldering to the PCB.
- 12-Bit Resolution
- On-Board Non-Volatile Memory (EEPROM)
- ±0.2 LSB DNL (typ)
- Normal or Power-Down Mode
- Fast Settling Time of 6µs (typ)
- External Voltage Reference (VDD)
- Rail-to-Rail Output
- Low Power Consumption
- Single-Supply Operation: 2.7V to 5.5V
- I2C Interface that supports three modes - Standard (100 kbps), Fast (400 kbps) and High Speed (3.4 Mbps)!
- board labelled with pinouts for easy reference
- board uses an I2C 7-bit address between 0x62-0x63, which can be changed with the solder pads