Monster Moto 30A VNH2SP30 Motor Shield for Arduino
Awesome! High current motor control with the Monster Moto 30A VNH2SP30 Motor Shield for Arduino from PMD Way.
The designers have replaced the typical L298 H-bridge with a pair of VNH2SP30 full-bridge motor drivers. Furthermore the support circuitry has been upgraded so this board is capable of driving a pair of high-current motors.
The VIN and motor out holes are designed for 5mm screw terminals (not included), making it easy to connect larger gauge wires.
If using this shield towards the upper current ranges, you should use a heatsink or fan and solder the wires directly to the PCB instead of using terminal blocks.
Inline header pins are included for stacking to Arduino boards, but not soldered.
- Maximum motor voltage: 16V
- Maximum motor current: 30A
- Usable Continuous Current: 14A
- Current sensing available to Arduino analog pin
- MOSFET on-resistance: 19mΩ (per leg)
- Maximum PWM frequency: 20kHz
- Thermal, over-voltage and under-voltage shutdown
- Based on the open-source design by SparkFun
- Eagle Files
- Datasheet (VNH2SP30)
- Example Code
- GitHub (Design Files & Example Code)