MPL3115A2 - I2C Barometric Pressure/Altitude/Temperature Sensor
Now available from PMD Way is this incredibly useful Freescale MPL3115 sensor board. This is ideal for accurate measring of altitude and barometric pressure. The MPL3115A2 has a resolution of 1.5 Pascal resolution, and altidude to 300m.
You don't need to calibrate the sensor, and it can also measure temperature down to a resolution of +/- degree C.
The sensor uses the I2C bus (address 0x60) and the board works on both 3.3V and 5V DC power/logic.
- Operating voltage 3.3~5V DC
- Pressure sensing range: 50-110 kPa (up to 10Km altitude)
- 1.5 Pa / 0.3 m altitude resolution
- This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit address 0x60
- Dimensions: 18 x 9 x 2mm
- Download datasheet for more information (pdf)
- Based on a create commons design by adafruit industries.