RS485 Breakout Board
This is a breakout board for the SP3485 RS-485 transceiver IC from PMD Way, which converts a UART serial stream to RS-485.
The SP3485 is a half-duplex transceiver, that can only communicate one way at a time, however it can reach transmission speeds of up to 10Mbps. This board requires a single +3.3VDC supply.
This breakout board includes the SP3485 RS-485 transceiver, filter capacitor, and other components shown on the schematic. The RS-485 output is broken out to three different connections:
- 3 pin 3.55mm screw terminal
- 3 pin 0.1" header
- Fully equipped with SP3485 RS-485 transceiver and supporting components
- Operates from a single +3.3V supply
- Interoperable with +5.0V logic
- RS-485 input/output broken out to RJ-45 connector, 3.5mm screw terminal, and 0.1" pitch header
- Driver/Receiver Enable connected to RTS line
- -7V to +12V Common-Mode Input Voltage Range
- Allows up to 32 transceivers on the serial bus
- Driver Output Short-Circuit Protection
- based on open-source design by Sparkfun