TL494 PWM Controller IC - 10 Pack
Now available from PMD Way are these useful TL494 PWM Controller ICs in packs of ten.
The TL494 possesses all of the functions required to construct a pulse-width-modulation (PWM) control circuit on a single chip. Designed from the outset for power-supply control, this chip offers the flexibility to tailor the power-supply control circuitry to a specific application.
The TL494 contains two error amplifiers, an on-chip adjustable oscillator, a dead-time control (DTC) comparator, a pulse-steering control flip-flop, a 5-V, 5%-precision regulator, and output-control circuits.
The error amplifiers display a common-mode voltage range from –0.3 V to VCC – 2 V. The dead-time control comparator has a fixed offset that gives approximately 5% dead time. The on-chip oscillator can be bypassed by terminating RT to the reference output and providing a sawtooth input to CT, or it can drive the common circuits in synchronous multiple-rail power supplies.
The uncommitted output transistors allow for either common-emitter or emitter-follower output capability. The TL494 provides for push-pull or single-ended output operation, which can be chosen through the output-control function. The architecture of this device alleviates the possibility of either output being pulsed twice during push-pull operation.
- Complete PWM Power-Control Circuitry
- Uncommitted Outputs for 200-mA Sink or Source Current
- Output Control Selects Single-Ended or Push-Pull Operation
- Internal Circuitry Prohibits Double Pulse at Either Output
- Variable Dead Time Provides Control Over Total Range
- Internal Regulator Provides a Stable 5-V Reference Supply With 5% Tolerance
- Circuit Architecture Allows Easy Synchronization
- Download TL494 datasheet (.pdf).
Free delivery, worldwide.