Value SIM800L GPRS GSM Cellular Module
Get your project talking on a 2G cellular network with the Value SIM800L GPRS GSM Cellular Module from PMD Way.
Please note that this is a 2G GSM module. Check that your network operator still supports 2G before ordering.
This is an incredible value module based on the popular SIM800L cellular device. You can send and receive SMS text messages, make and receive calls and deal with GPRS data.
This module is about as bare as they come - it includes inline header pins, a very basic coil aerial for testing or use in areas with strong signal reception, and has a uFL socket for an external antenna. Click here for uFL to SMA cables etc.
- Two-band 2G 900/1800MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 12/10
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Meet the GSM 2/2+ standard
- –Class 4 (2 W @850/900MHz)
- –Class 1 (1 W @1800/1900MHz)
- FM: Band range 76~109MHz, tuning step 50KHz
- Size: 15.8*17.8*2.4 mm
- Weight: 1.35g
- Controlled by AT commands (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM Enhanced AT Command Set)
- SIM Application Toolkit
- Supply voltage range: 3.4 ~ 4.4V
- Low power consumption
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +85 °C
- GPRS class 12, up to 85.6 kbps (downstream/downstream)
- Support PBCCH
- Coding schemes CS 1, 2, 3, 4
- CSD up to 14.4 kbps
- Support for USSD
- SMS - Point-to-point MO and MT
- SMS broadcast
- Text and PDU mode
Using your module:
Officially you need to power this module with 4.4V DC at up to 2A. We have seen people just give it 5V however this is unofficial and not supported. A quick way to drop 5V to ~4.4V is to put a power diode between the 5V power suppy and Vcc.
However the TX/RX pins are TTL compatible so you can directly connect these to a 5V/Arduino serial TX/RX connection.