Value GPS Shield for Arduino with microSD Card Slot
Receive and log GPS position data with the Neo-6M GPS Shield for Arduino from PMD Way.
This GPS shield contains the popular Neo-6M-compatible GPS receiver, which has a warm-start time of 1 second, and updates at 1 Hz (once per second).
The GPS data is sent to the Arduino via serial data, and you can select the digital pins to use for TX and RX with the shield's onboard jumpers. (Note that you need to use the SoftwareSerial library for pins D2 and higher).
A microSD card socket is also included on the shield, and this is connected via the standard SPI data bus (pins D11~D13 and D4 for Slave Select).
Small external GPS antenna is included as shown in images.
- 50 channel receiver
- Time to first fix - Cold or warm start 27 seconds, hot start - 1 second
- Tracking and navigation - -161dBm
- Reacquisition - -160dBm
- Cold start (without aiding) - -147dBm
- Hot start - -156dBm
- Maximum update rate - 1Hz
- Horiztonal postiion accuracy - 2.5m
- Velocity accuracy - 0.1 m/s
- Heading accuracy - 0.5 degrees
- Operational limits
- Dynamics <= 4g
- Altitude - 50000m
- Velocity - 500 m/s