MAX4410 HiFi Headphone Amplifier Board
Build your own stereo preamplifer or build a compact headphone amplifier with the MAX4410 HiFi Headphone Amplifier Board from PMD Way.
It's perfect for taking a stereo line-level audio signal and boosting it for your headphones, or connection to a power amplifier for speaker output.
The MAX4410 uses a unique DirectDrive architecture to produce a ground-referenced output from a single supply, eliminating the need for large DC-blocking capacitors, saving cost, board space, and component height.
The MAX4410 delivers up to 80mW per channel into a 16Ω load and has low 0.003% THD+N. A high power-supply rejection ratio (90dB at 1kHz) allows this device to operate from noisy digital supplies without an additional linear regulator.
The MAX4410 includes ±8kV ESD protection on the headphone outputs. Comprehensive click-and-pop circuitry suppresses audible clicks and pops on startup and shutdown. Independent left/right, low-power shutdown controls make it possible to optimize power savings in mixed mode, mono/stereo applications.
The MAX4410 operates from a single 1.8V to 3.6V supply, consumes only 7mA of supply current, has short-circuit and thermal overload protection - perfect for your headphone amplifier needs.
- Ground-Referenced Outputs Eliminate DC-Bias Voltages on Headphone Ground Pin
- No Degradation of Low-Frequency Response Due to Output Capacitors
- 80mW Per Channel into 16Ω
- Low 0.003% THD + N
- High PSRR (90dB at 1kHz)
- Integrated Click-and-Pop Suppression
- 1.8V to 3.6V Single-Supply Operation
- Low Quiescent Current
- Independent Left/Right, Low-Power Shutdown Controls
- Short-Circuit and Thermal Overload Protection
- ±8kV ESD-Protected Amplifier Outputs
- Board measures 25 x 20mm
- download MAX4410 data sheet (pdf)