MCP2515 CAN Bus Module
Now available from PMD Way is this great value MCP2515 CAN Bus Module.
CAN-BUS is a common industrial bus because of its long travel distance, medium communication speed and high reliability. It is commonly found on modern machine tools and as an automotive diagnostic bus.
This CAN-BUS module adopts the Microchip MCP2515 CAN Bus controller with SPI interface and an NXP TJA1050 CAN transceiver to give project CAN-BUS capibility.
You can use this with various platforms include Arduino, AVR, Raspberry Pi and others. Please note that this is a 5V board (power and logic), you will need a level converter to use with a 3.3V board - or consider this board.
- Supports CAN V2.0B specifications, with a communication speed of 1Mb/s
- 0 to 8-byte data field
- Three frames - standard, expand the frame and remote
- DC 5V power supply module & SPI interface protocol control
- 120 ohm termination resistors, Impedance matching, ensure drive capacity, long-distance data transmission against signal radiation
- Module dimensions 4. 4 x 2.8 cm/1.57*1.1" (approx.)
- Working Current - typ. 5mA & 1μA standby current