9-DOF Absolute Orientation IMU Fusion Breakout - BNO055
Now available from PMD Way is this great value Great value 9-DOF Absolute Orientation IMU Fusion Breakout - BNO055.
Based on the Bosch BNO055, who have taken a MEMS accelerometer, magnetometer and gyroscope into one chip with an ARM Cortex-M0 based processor to do the maths with the dat and output quaternions, Euler angles or vectors.
The BNO055 offers the following data:
- Absolute Orientation (Euler Vector, 100Hz) Three axis orientation data based on a 360° sphere
- Absolute Orientation (Quaterion, 100Hz) Four point quaternion output for more accurate data manipulation
- Angular Velocity Vector (100Hz) Three axis of 'rotation speed' in rad/s
- Acceleration Vector (100Hz) Three axis of acceleration (gravity + linear motion) in m/s^2
- Magnetic Field Strength Vector (20Hz) Three axis of magnetic field sensing in micro Tesla (uT)
- Linear Acceleration Vector (100Hz) Three axis of linear acceleration data (acceleration minus gravity) in m/s^2
- Gravity Vector (100Hz) Three axis of gravitational acceleration (minus any movement) in m/s^2
- Temperature (1Hz) Ambient temperature in degrees celsius
Board can operate on 5V or 3.3V power and logic. A 32.768 kHz crystal and inline header pins are included but not soldered to the board.
Setting up up your board:
The ATX pin is SDA, and the LRX pin SCL. Pin COM3/I2C needs to be connected to GND for standard I2C bus use.
The BNO055 has three communication modes:
- Standard/Fast I2C interface (mode 00)
- HID over I2C (mode 01)
- UART interface (mode 10)
These modes are selected by bridging various solder pads. For mode 00, bridge the pads as such:
Or for HID mode, bridge S0 to centre and -, bridge S1 to centre and +; for UART mode do the opposite.