Microchip MCP23017 16-bit I2C Port Expander IC - 10 Pack
The MCP23017 16-bit I2C Port Expander IC from PMD Way allows you to add sixteen inputs or outputs (in two pairs of eight) easily to any platform with an I2C interface. You can choose from one of eight I2C bus addresses allowing use of up to eight ICs in total.
The MCP23017 is easy to use, and quite hardy. This is the DIP through-hole version, ideal for solderless breadboards.
- 16-bit input/output port expander with interrupt output
- Cascadable for up to 8 devices on one bus
- 25mA sink/source capability per I/O
- Supports 100kHz, 400kHz and 1.7MHz I2C™Compatible compatible modes
- Excellent MCP23017 and Arduino tutorial
- Arduino library for those in a hurry
- MCP23017 data sheet
- Microchip product home page
- Raspberry Pi tutorial
Free delivery, worldwide.