Microchip MCP23S17 16-bit SPI Port Expander IC
Now available from PMD Way is the Microchip MCP23S17 16-bit SPI Port Expander IC - an ideal way to add I/O to your device that has an SPI data bus.
The MCP23S17 consists of multiple 8-bit configuration registers for input, output and polarity selection. The system master can enable the I/Os as either inputs or outputs by writing the I/O configuration bits (IODIRA/B).
The data for each input or output is kept in the corresponding input or output register. The polarity of the Input Port register can be inverted with the Polarity Inversion register. All registers can be read by the system master.
- 16-bit input/output port expander with interrupt output
- Cascadable for up to 8 devices on one bus
- 25mA sink/source capability per I/O
- Supports up to 10MHz SPI™ clock speeds
- Operating Voltage Range (V) 1.8 to 5.5
- Operating Temp Range (°C) -40 to 125
- Interface SPI
- Max. Bus Frequency (kBits/s) 10000
- Download datasheet (.pdf)