MMA8451 Triple-Axis Accelerometer - ±2/4/8g @ 14-bit
Now available from PMD Way is this great value MMA8451 Triple-Axis Accelerometer board, with ranges of +/-2, 4 and 8g at 14-bit resolution.
ou can detect motion, tilt and basic orientation with a digital accelerometer, and this is easily used with an Arduino or other development platform.
The accelerometer also has built in tilt/orientation detection so it can tell you whether your project is being held in landscape or portrait mode, and whether it is tilted forward or back
This board uses the I2C bus and can operate on both 3.3V and 5V power and logic. It includes inline header pins which are not soldered to the board.
- board measures 20.4 x 14.5mm
- ±2g/±4g/±8g dynamically selectable full-scale
- Output data rates (ODR) from 1.56 Hz to 800 Hz
- 99 μg/√Hz noise
- 14-bit and 8-bit digital output
- I²C digital output interface (operates to 2.25 MHz with 4.7 kΩ pull-up)
- Two programmable interrupt pins for seven interrupt sources
- Three embedded channels of motion detection
- Freefall or motion detection: one channel
- Pulse detection: one channel
- Jolt detection: one channel
- Orientation (portrait/landscape) detection with programmable hysteresis
- Automatic ODR change for auto-wake and return to sleep
- 32 sample FIFO
- High pass filter data available per sample and through the FIFO