STA540 Dual/Quad Power Amplifier - 10 Pack
Now available from PMD Way is the STA540 Dual/Quad Power Amplifier in great value packs of ten.
The STA540 from STMicro is a 4-channel, class AB audio amplifier designed for high quality sound applications. The four independent channels makes this amplifier a great choice for a number of projects, with needs ranging from four speakers stereo (F/R) to two-speaker bridge solutions. The chip accepts a voltage supply ranging from 8 to 22VDC and has very high output power capability.
This chip comes in a staggered-lead Multiwatt-15 package.
- High output power capability
- Standby function (CMOS compatible)
- Minimum external components count:
- no bootstrap capacitors
- no Boucherot cells
- internally fixed gain 20 dB
- No audible pop during standby operations
- Diagnostic facilities:
- clip detector
- output to GND short-circuit detector
- output to VS short-circuit detector
- soft short-circuit check at turn-on
- thermal shutdown warning
- Output AC/DC short circuit protection
- Soft short-circuit check at turn-on
- Thermal cutoff/limiter to prevent chip from overheating