4.5" Flex Sensor
Now available from PMD Way are these 4.5" flex sensors. As the sensor is flexed, the resistance across the sensor increases. Patented technology by Spectra Symbol - they claim these sensors were used in the original Nintendo Power Glove.
The resistance of the flex sensor changes when the metal pads are on the outside of the bend (text on inside of bend). Connector is 0.1" spaced and bread board friendly.
Note: Please refrain from flexing or straining this sensor at the base. The usable range of the sensor can be flexed without a problem, but care should be taken to minimize flexing outside of the usable range. For best results, securely mount the base and bottom portion and only allow the actual flex sensor to flex.
- Flat Resistance: 10K Ohms ±30%
- Bend Resistance: minimum 2 times greater than the flat resistance at 180° pinch bend
- Power Rating : 0.5 Watts continuous; 1 Watt Peak
- Mechanical Specifications
- Life Cycle: >1 million
- Height: 0.43mm (0.017")
- Temperature Range: -35°C to +80°
- download datasheet (.pdf)