MCP23017 I2C 16-bit Port Expander Breakout Board
Easily access the powerful MCP23017 I2C 16-bit Port Expander with this breakout board from PMD Way. It contains the useful port expander on a hardy PCB breakout board. Inline header pins are included but not soldered to the board.
The MCP23017 allows you to add sixteen inputs or outputs (in two pairs of eight) easily to any platform with an I2C interface. The MCP23017 is easy to use, and quite hardy.
- 16-bit input/output port expander with interrupt output
- Cascadable for up to 8 devices on one bus
- 25mA sink/source capability per I/O
- Supports 100kHz, 400kHz and 1.7MHz I2C™Compatible compatible modes
- Excellent MCP23017 and Arduino tutorial
- Arduino library for those in a hurry
- download MCP23017 data sheet (.pdf)
- Microchip product home page
- Raspberry Pi tutorial