SIM5320A 3G GPRS GSM Module with GPS
Now available from PMD Way is this 3G GSM module that works on the 3G 850 and 3G 1900 MHz frequencies. This is ideal for communicating with your microcontroller or single-board computer project via SMS or remote control via inbound calling or creating call alerts.
- Quad-band 850MHz GSM, 900MHz EGSM, 1800MHz DCS, 1900MHz PCs - connect onto any global GSM network with any 2G SIM.
- Dual-band UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900MHz WCDMA + HSDPA.
- Fully-integrated GPS (Qualcomm PM8015 GPS) that can be controlled and query over the same serial port
- Make and receive voice calls using a headset or an external 8Ω speaker + electret microphone
- Send and receive SMS messages
- Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
- AT command interface can be used with 300, 600, 1200, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230K, 461K, 961K, 3.2M, 3.7M and 4.0Mbps
- Native USB support - plug it into a computer and you'll get serial ports for AT commands, GPS NMEA as well as a modem (note we've only tried out the AT&NMEA ports on Windows)
- 16 acquisition channels
- GPS L1 C/A code
Tracking: -157 dBm
Cold starts : -144 dBm
Cold starts: 100s (typ.)
Hot starts: 1s (typ.)
- Accuracy: approx 2.5 meters
- USB Cable
- Active external GPS antenna
- External cellular antenna
The module also has a socket for a telephone voice handset so you can use it as a telephone.