SIM808 GSM GPRS GPS Cellular Development Board
Now available from PMD Way is this great value SIM808 GSM GPRS GPS Cellular Development Board. Cheaper than brand-names, but just as good and with included GPS and cellular antennas.
Please note that this is a 2G GSM module. Check that your network operator still supports 2G before ordering.
Ideal for sending and receiveing SMS text messages, GPRS packet data, making and receiving calls and also tracking thanks to the inbuild GPS receiver.
- a backup supercapacitor for the real-time clock
- 3.5mm sockets for headphones/speaker and microphone
- pinouts for rechargeable LiPo battery charge circuit
- fitted SMA connectors for included cellular and active GPS antenna
- microUSB socket for updating the SIM808 module firmware
- DC socket for external power supply
- onboard power and reset button
- pinouts for all the required options with standard 0.1"/2.54mm spacing
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz - connect onto any global GSM network with a 2G SIM
- Inbuilt GPS (MT3337 chipset with -165 dBm tracking sensitivity) that can be controlled and queried over the same serial port
- Send and receive SMS messages
- Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
- AT command interface with "auto baud" detection
- SIM800 command manual (covers SIM808) (.pdf)
- SIM808 hardware design manual (.pdf)
- SIM808 specifications (.pdf)
- visit the SIMCOM product page for other app notes and manuals
Using your SIM808 module: