TPA3110 15W x 2 Digital Power Amplifier board
If you need a compact yet high power amplifer board for your stereo audio project then order this TPA3110 15W x 2 Digital Power Amplifier Board from PMD Way.
The TPA3110D2 is a 15-W (per channel) efficient, Class-D audio power amplifier for driving bridged-tied stereo speakers. Advanced EMI Suppression Technology enables the use of inexpensive ferrite bead filters at the outputs while meeting EMC requirements.
TI's SpeakerGuard™ speaker protection circuitry includes an adjustable power limiter and a DC detection circuit. The adjustable power limiter allows the user to set a "virtual" voltage rail lower than the chip supply to limit the amount of current through the speaker. The DC detect circuit measures the frequency and amplitude of the PWM signal and shuts off the output stage if the input capacitors are damaged or shorts exist on the inputs.
The TPA3110D2 can drive stereo speakers as low as 4 Ω. The high efficiency of the TPA3110D2, 90%, eliminates the need for an external heat sink when playing music.
The outputs are also fully protected against shorts to GND, VCC, and output-to-output. The short-circuit protection and thermal protection includes an auto-recovery feature.
The board is fully assemled with all the connections marked neatly and lined in a single row on the right-hand side of the board. This is a power amplifier board and your source or preamp will need a volume control.
- 15-W/ch into an 8-Ω Loads at 10% THD+N From a 16-V Supply
- 10-W/ch into 8-Ω Loads at 10% THD+N From a 13-V Supply
- 30-W into a 4-Ω Mono Load at 10% THD+N From a 16-V Supply
- 90% Efficient Class-D Operation Eliminates Need for Heat Sinks
- Wide Supply Voltage Range Allows Operation From 8 V to 26 V
- Filter-Free Operation
- SpeakerGuard™ Speaker Protection Includes Adjustable Power Limiter Plus DC Protection
- Flow Through Pin Out Facilitates Easy Board Layout
- Robust Pin-to-Pin Short Circuit Protection and Thermal Protection With Auto Recovery Option
- Excellent THD+N / Pop-Free Performance
- board measures 38 x 30 x 8mm (L x W x H)
- Download data sheet (.pdf)