Value GPS Shield for Arduino with microSD Card Slot and Active Antenna
Receive and log GPS position data with the Neo-6M GPS Shield for Arduino from PMD Way.
This GPS shield contains the popular uBlox Neo-6M GPS receiver, which has a warm-start time of 1 second, and updates at 1 Hz (once per second).
Furthermore an exteral active GPS antenna and 1m cable are included to ensure your GPS has the best chance of receiving data - ideal for indoor/outdoor use.
The GPS data is sent to the Arduino via serial data, and you can select the digital pins to use for TX and RX with the shield's onboard jumpers. (Note that you need to use the SoftwareSerial library for pins D2 and higher).
A microSD card socket is also included on the shield, and this is connected via the standard SPI data bus (pins D11~D13 and D4 for Slave Select).
- 50 channel receiver
- Time to first fix - Cold or warm start 27 seconds, hot start - 1 second
- Tracking and navigation - -161dBm
- Reacquisition - -160dBm
- Cold start (without aiding) - -147dBm
- Hot start - -156dBm
- Maximum update rate - 1Hz
- Horiztonal postiion accuracy - 2.5m
- Velocity accuracy - 0.1 m/s
- Heading accuracy - 0.5 degrees
- Operational limits
- Dynamics <= 4g
- Altitude - 50000m
- Velocity - 500 m/s